Wednesday, November 22, 2006

just some fun


















WHELP!!! I have never done this before and thought it was time....I love it when artists besides myself talk about the piece and show the steps.....
Soooo it was rough startin I did a few pose sketches that I wasn't feeling...Then I started thinking about if I could write and draw a Quasar book how would I do it?....
So I imaganed him as a doted upon kind of anti hero...Then I really started chuckin had the idea that he was to save a planet from destruction but when he got there it was a planet of hydrogen inhabatited only by slugs so he is a little miffed.....
From start to finish the lineart was about 3 hours or so....The colors.....took forever man. Not just because of haveing family here for Thanksgiving but I wanted to smooth out my coloring process for this type of lineart so I had to finagle and try alot of new things....Somethings i like others not so much....Anyhow i hope you enjoy!!!-T
pencils inks and colors; Tim Kane

9 Comments:

Blogger GoldenAge said...

this is really great, man

5:39 PM

 
Blogger Sean Galloway said...

haystack! i see you're puttin the hurt on folks with that beautiful artwork! keep doin' whatcha doin', sailor!

9:35 AM

 
Blogger Kane said...

Thanks dudes!!!! I truly appreciate the motivation and help!!! It means alot to try something different and to see people get behind it!!!-T

1:36 PM

 
Blogger COMIKXGUY said...

cheeks!

keep them coming man

without your work on super tnt blast/twilight men i wouldn't have even read it and liked it

i'll be checking in often

saved to favs

11:21 PM

 
Blogger COMIKXGUY said...

btw could you make the pics fullscreen thanx

11:22 PM

 
Blogger Kane said...

Comikx guy!!! Thank you for the compliments!!! However I am NOT Cheeks......he is neverthe less a great dude...

IF you click on the image it will open a ne winder full sized fer ur viewin pleasure!!!-T

7:24 PM

 
Blogger Leonardo Finocchi said...

Good piece!

I like when people put the process too. But I think Quasar is a very bad chatacter, I don't like him.

4:59 AM

 
Blogger Kane said...

Leonardo Thanks man!!!! Yeah he is kind of a terd but that's the challenge you know...Taking something kind of uncool and trying to make it cool!!!-T

2:44 PM

 
Blogger Alexander said...

You can find the most amazing e-book in www.catyourway.com You would need to read an e-book called "An Ordinary Black Cat" written by me, Alexander Rimsky. Let me know...

12:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home